How to grow your email list faster
One fundamental truth in email marketing is that the more qualified email addresses you have on your list, the more clicks, sales, registrations, downloads and similar you will get.
It’s no surprise, then, that growing the email list is a top priority for marketers.
Unfortunately, there is no magic wand that lets you instantly build a big, quality list. There are, however, many things you can do to improve your existing email acquisition tactics and develop new ones.
This article only containts the first stepClick here to download the whole guide
Thank you for downloading
We would appreciate if we could get your email address before downloading the file. We will not share your email address. We will only use it for the types of sendings described below.
Your download will start soon. If it doesn't, click here..
You will receive our newsletter
When you have filled in the form you will become a subscriber to our monthly newsletter. The newsletter contains articles and seminar invites regarding email marketing. You can choose to unsubscribe whenever you want.
Step 1: Audit existing sign-up functionality
The first step is to list all the ways you currently collect email addresses and review their functionality. Sign-up mechanisms are often set up and then ignored for months or even years: you may never know they’re broken.
For each address collection method, complete the sign-up process and check it actually results in an email address getting added to an active email list.
At your website, for example:
- Check all sign-up links go to the right sign-up page.
- Ensure your sign-up form works and adds the email address to the correct database.
- Review all sign-up forms, including sign-ups integrated with a checkout process, a brochure download or similar visitor activities.
- Check confirmation pages appear and confirmation emails are sent (and are up to date).
- Also check other list administration features work, such as preference centres and unsubscribe forms.